President at Bishop & Associates Inc.
Ronald E. Bishop founded Bishop & Associates Inc., a market research firm that specializes in the world electronic connector industry, in 1985. The firm publishes “The Bishop Report,” a monthly research newsletter and connectorsupplier.com, a twice-monthly electronic publication. A staff of 20 researchers produces reports centered on geographic regions, end-use equipment markets, connector products, and interconnect technologies. The firm also provides executive placement services, conducts multi-client studies and customer surveys, and assists in merger-and-acquisition activity. The US headquarters is located in St. Charles, Ill., a suburb of Chicago. The firm also has offices in Brussels, Belgium; Sidney, Australia; and Hong Kong.
Latest posts by Ron Bishop (see all)
- Business is Excellent and Confidence is High about the Future - February 19, 2018
- The Business Environment is Strong, Connector Prices are Excellent - January 30, 2018
- The Highest-Ranking Connector Companies - November 14, 2017
Director of Product Technology at Bishop & Associates Inc.
Robert Hult has been in the connector industry for more than 39 years. Hult began his career as a sales engineer for Amphenol in Chicago. He joined AMP Inc. in 1972 and served in several management positions through 1996. In 1997, Hult joined Foxconn as group marketing manager for Intel in Chandler, Arizona, US. Prior to joining Bishop & Associates, he was the regional application engineering manager for Tyco Electronics. Hult graduated in 1968 from Bradley University with a bachelor of science degree in electronics technology and a minor in business. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Robert Hult (see all)
- DesignCon 2018 in Review - February 13, 2018
- Sensors Make Sense Beyond IoT Applications - January 23, 2018
- Show Report: SC17, the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage, and Analysis - December 5, 2017
Market Segment Director-Telecom at Bishop & Associates Inc.
Lisa Huff is a Certified Data Center Professional and electrical engineer with more than 25 years experience in the electronics industry. Her connector and market research-related experience includes positions as manager at Nexans Inc. North American Competence Center; marketing manager at Berk-Tek, A Nexans Company; optical components analyst for Communications Industry Researchers (CIR); communications marketing manager at FCI; and development engineer at AMP Incorporated (now TE Connectivity). Her expertise is in data centers, data communications cabling and connectivity, networking equipment, and optical components.
Latest posts by Lisa Huff (see all)
- High-Speed Transmission Update: 200G/400G - July 18, 2016
- Ethernet Networking: The Proliferation of Data Rates - June 6, 2016
- The State of Data Center Networking Technologies - April 11, 2016
Market Segment Director-Computer, Peripheral and Consumer at Bishop & Associates Inc.
John has enjoyed a long and diverse career in the electronics industry, including management positions with IRC, TRW, AMP, and his own company, US Competitors LLC. He is the author of many industry articles, including past and current iNEMI.org connector industry roadmaps, US government competitiveness initiatives, and numerous Bishop Reports on the computer and consumer electronics industries. He is an outspoken supporter of the future of US manufacturing in a global marketplace. John is a graduate Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Penn.
Latest posts by John MacWilliams (see all)
- The Return of Manufacturing to the US: Fantasy or Reality? - November 17, 2015
- Convergence of Smart Computing Device Markets - October 20, 2015
- Opinion: US Oversight of the Internet - August 19, 2015
Founder at connNtext associates
Dr. Mroczkowski has more than 30 years experience in the electronics industry. He began his career at AMP Inc., where he consulted on connector design and performance, as well as provided an interface to AMP customers on these issues. In 1990 he joined the AMP Advanced Development Laboratories, where he developed microstrip cable connectors and a new microcoaxial connector for medical ultrasound diagnostic equipment. Dr. Mroczkowski retired in 1998 as an AMP principal and founded connNtext associates, a firm providing connector consulting services. He is the author of the McGraw Hill Electronics Connector Handbook and holds seven patents.
Latest posts by Dr. Bob Mroczkowski (see all)
- Nanocrystalline Silver Alloy Contact Finishes in Electronic Applications - April 6, 2015
- Nanocrystalline Silver Contact Platings - March 16, 2015
- Dr. Bob on Gold Flash Contact Finishes (and Max Peel) - September 22, 2014
Market Development Manager, RF/Microwave at Bishop & Associates Inc.
David Shaff has more than 40 years in the interconnect industry, holding positions in engineering, sales, manufacturing, and distribution, including distribution supplier manager and general manager. He participates in a number of standards committees, including ANSI, PCMCIA, and SAE. Shaff earned his engineering degree from the Georgia Institute of Technology, followed by an MIBA and additional post-graduate studies. Product successes range from DC to 110GHz, downhole/seismic to space, while working with ITT, JAE Electronics (NEC), SV Microwave, AVNET, and Southwest Microwave.
Latest posts by David Shaff (see all)
- International Requirements Prompt Product Changes and Standardization - November 10, 2017
- New Standards Coming for RF Connectors - June 23, 2017
- Ground Transit Evolves with Advanced Interconnect Products - June 16, 2017
SVP and Managing Director Cable Assembly at Bishop & Associates Inc.
David Pheteplace joined Bishop & Associates Inc. in 2008, and was appointed vice president in September 2011. He is also the managing director of Bishop’s cable assembly division, which he established in 2008. Pheteplace has more than 30 years of experience in the interconnect industry, including managing divisions of Amphenol, Cinch, and Robinson Nugent.
V.P. and Managing Director Europe at Bishop & Associates Inc.
Arthur Visser has been active as a professional in the industrial market for 25 years. He started his career at Océ Corporate headquarters in Venlo, the Netherlands, and has since worked in management positions for OMRON Corporation, a leader in industrial automation equipment, and later as managing director for HARTING Belgium/Luxembourg, a leader in industrial, heavy-duty connectors. Visser has a bachelor of science degree in airplane engineering, degrees in marketing and finance, and a master’s degree in e-media enterprising. His native tongue is Dutch, but he also speaks English, French, German, and Russian. With a successful career and solid education as stepping stones, Visser started his own company in 2003 and is based in Brussels. He represents Bishop & Associates in Europe and is a liaison for the European connector industry.
Latest posts by Arthur Visser (see all)
- Digital Transformation: Industrial IoT and the Connector Market - March 21, 2017
- Hannover Industry Messe 2016: Back to the Future? - May 11, 2016
- Wearables on the Factory Floor - February 15, 2016