TE Connectivity Marine High-Voltage Termination and Splice Kits for Maintenance-Free Long Life
TE Connectivity (TE) debuts new marine high-voltage termination and splice kit products that provide a safe, simple, and secure way to terminate both water and non-water blocked cables rated up to 15 kV. These new kits have been designed to be watertight and feature non-tracking insulation with a revolutionary new electrical stress control system. In addition, the kits assist in ensuring maintenance-free long life, even in highly contaminated areas.
“We offer both heat-applied and cold-applied products to help withstand a variety of hostile environments,” said Terry Huston, field application engineer, TE Connectivity, Global Aerospace, Defense & Marine. “The heat-applied products offer excellent abrasion protection as well as sealing that meets and exceeds the leakage requirements of Mil 24640. The cold-applied products offer flexibility and ease of installation inside cabinets and close-quarter environments.”
The installation procedure for the marine kits is streamlined, making them ideal for a broad range of applications, including commercial and military marine high-voltage cables. The marine high-voltage kits offer mechanical strength, watertight sealing, and the ability to withstand extreme environments.
A wide variety of marine high-voltage kits are available, including:
- MHHT: Heat-Shrinkable Terminations with Built-In Stress Control, seals equivalent to MIL-STD 24640
- MHHS: Heat Shrink In-Line Splices for Shielded Cable (0-15 kV)
- MHCS: In-Line Cold-Applied Splice for Marine Cables (0-15 kV)
- MHCT: Cold-Applied Terminations for Shielded and Non-Shielded Marine Power Cables (0-15 kV)
These kits contain all the components required to terminate or splice marine cables. They have been designed and tested to IEEE-48 and IEEE-404 standards. They provide excellent environmental sealing, excellent electrical stress control, and easy-to-follow installation instructions.
Latest posts by Cable Assembly Supplier (see all)
- Facts & Figures: Semiconductor Market Grew to a Record $336 Billion - March 2, 2015
- TLC and Metz Ethernet Cat 6A Patch Cords in Seven Vibrant Colors - January 27, 2014
- Cables Unlimited LC-LC Duplex Ruggedized Fiber Jumpers - January 27, 2014