Bulgin – an Elektron Technology connectivity brand
About the Company
Bulgin – an Elektron Technology connectivity brand, is one of the electronics industry’s most established companies, with a proud heritage of product engineering. For more than 80 years, it has designed and manufactured a range of environmentally sealed electromechanical components for power connectivity and circuit protection, including battery holders, connectors, mains filters, fuseholders, indicators, and switches. Drawing on its expertise, flexibility, and innovation, Bulgin also provides customized functional modules that can substantially reduce development time and production costs for its customers.
At a Glance
- Expertise in the design and manufacture of environmentally sealed connectors
- Certified quality assurance processes, approved to ISO9001:2000 by BSI
- Friendly, efficient customer service
- Global distribution network
- Battery holders
- High-quality battery holders for AA, AAA, C, D, PP3, and CR123 size batteries
- Buccaneer connectors
- IP66, IP68, and IP69K environmentally sealed circular connectors for harsh and hostile conditions
- IEC connectors
- Mains-rated inlet and outlet connectors to EN60 320
- Polysnap connectors
- Mains power inlet modules with snap-to-panel or flange-fixing options
- Vandal-resistant security switches manufactured from high-grade stainless steel
- General purpose connectors
- 3-, 4-, 6-, and 8-pole connectors in a wide variety of configurations
- Mains filters
- EMI mains filters designed to combat conducted mains-borne interference
- PCB, panel-mounting, and in-line fuseholders for 5 x 20mm and 6.3 x 32mm fuses
- Panel-mounting LED indicators in a choice of bezel styles, types of LEDs, and colors
- Tough IP67-rated enclosures for electrical and electronic applications
Bulgin was the pioneer of IP68-rated connectors, providing secure, safe, and efficient environmental protection in the harshest environments.
The rugged Buccaneer range of dust- and waterproof circular connectors provides a variety of environmentally sealed interfaces for harsh or hostile conditions, giving engineers and product designers the greatest possible flexibility in systems design.
The Buccaneer products find numerous applications either in external or internal environments. They are ideal for applications where ingress of dust and water must be avoided, and where ease of connection, space, and appearance are important considerations. This versatile range of IP66-, IP68-, and IP69K-rated circular connectors includes the miniature 400 Series; Mini, Standard, and 900 Series for power applications; and Ethernet, USB, Mini USB, SMB, and FireWire connections for data transfer.
The all-new Buccaneer 6000 Series of waterproof power, signal, and data connectors features a unique and easy-to-use, patent-pending, pushpull locking system that offers a plug-and-play connection that is more intuitive and much faster than a traditional screwthread mechanism. The Buccaneer 6000 Series includes data (USB or Ethernet), signal, and power versions up to 16A/277V, and complements the popular screwthread Buccaneer range.
Available in fully interchangeable metal and plastic constructions, the body moldings and pin carriers have been specifically designed to create a robust interface while avoiding damage during coupling. This guarantees a correctly sealed connection — even where access is restricted. This latest addition to the popular Buccaneer range is designed to withstand the harshest environments, and meets IP66, IP68, and IP69K standards.
Bulgin products are everywhere and, despite their unassuming appearance and often hidden nature, they play a key role in an enormous variety of applications that present unique challenges and require outstanding performance and reliability. The broad range of applications includes:
- Agricultural and horticultural
- Energy production
- Factory automation
- Food processing
- Industrial machinery
- Safety testing
- Specialist vehicles
In an “always on” world, there is an increasing trend towards modular equipment design to allow on-site assembly or replacement of easily exchangeable parts. This approach helps to increase flexibility while reducing costs and downtime. Robust and easy-to-use connectors are vital to the reliability of modular equipment, making it more important than ever before to work with experienced and trusted suppliers. Bulgin’s experience and advanced approach to design and development allow the company to get new products out fast – whether additions to its standard ranges or bespoke items for customers – helping engineers and product designers keep pace with the ever-changing needs of the market.
For more information about Bulgin products, please contact:
Elektron Technology, Woodland Road, Torquay, Devon, UKTQ2 7AY
Tel: +44 (0)1803 407700
- A New Standard for Locking M12 Push-Pull Connectors - February 23, 2021
- A New Generation of Ethernet Cables and Connectors - February 16, 2021
- Amphenol LTW: Upcoming MPronto-12 Connectors - February 15, 2021