The new JAE Electronics USB Type-C connector family offers all the features of the USB 3.1 specification as well as a friction lock, EMI reduction, and power delivery.
JAE has debuted its full line of USB Type-C connectors. Based on the USB 3.1 specification that defines the next generation of USB connectors, the JAE DX07 offers all the features this new standard has become known for, including:
- Small form – Marginally larger than micro USB 2.0 connectors used in today’s phones
- High-speed data transmission – At 10Gb/s, one of the fastest small-form connectors available
- Power – Up to 100W
- Reversible design – Connects in either direction
“We were one of the first interconnect companies invited by the USB-IF to participate in the development of the USB Type-C connector,” said Glenn Griffin, vice president, JAE Electronics. “Our people know first-hand the enhanced capabilities of this new standard and we are excited to be among the first to offer a full line of these components.”
Additional features of the USB Type-C connector found in the JAE DX07 family:
- A friction lock housed inside the connector is not visible or exposed to the environment, presenting a much cleaner-looking plug/cable connector.
- Special ground spring contacts connecting the plug and receptacle shells substantially reduce EMI levels.
- Most legacy connectors require some modification to facilitate power delivery, but Type-C connectors transmit higher current without modifications because they divide power over several contacts.
Latest posts by News Release (see all)
- MikroElektronika Intel Joule click shields - May 10, 2017
- Right Angle Board-to-Board Battery Connectors Suit High Shock and Vibration Applications - May 10, 2017
- Compression Pulling Head Family Offers Six Sizes - May 3, 2017