Looking Up – July Sales Second-Best in 2013
The connector industry has been in a soft demand environment since October 2011. We now have recorded 22 consecutive months in which orders and sales have achieved small, single-digit year-over-year gains or losses. However, July YOY sales growth of +4.8% is encouraging and may signal a better second half of 2013.
July 2013 Bookings
|•||Year over year||+3.3%|
|•||Year to date||-0.4%|
July 2013 Billings
|•||Year over year||+4.8%|
|•||Year to date||-1.9%|
- Stable pricing and no erosion
- Excellent industry profitability
- Strong automotive market
- High unemployment and recessionary conditions in Europe
- Reduced military spending
- Softness in global GDP
The connector industry has experienced 22 months of soft demand with little visibility for future orders or solid indications of an upward turning point in demand. Industry leaders are closely watching for positive sequential growth in monthly orders, which would suggest improving demand. We expect a modest improvement in demand during the second half of 2013.
Mergers and Acquisitions
The connector industry continues to consolidate, with the large companies adding market share through acquisitions. Amphenol, TE Connectivity, and Molex, among others, have recently announced acquisitions.
No part of this article may be used without the permission of Bishop & Associates Inc.
- GHz BGA Socket for Memory Devices - November 21, 2020
- Clamshell BGA Socket Testing with Daisy Chain Test Components - November 21, 2020
- Micro Giga-snaP™ Adapter - November 21, 2020