The Molex MXP120 Sealed Connector System for automotive applications is ideal for powertrain and body electronics as well as safety applications.
Molex Incorporated has developed the MXP120 Sealed Connector System for powertrain, body, and safety electronics applications. The connectors and receptacles for safety applications come in distinctive yellow outer housings, while those for non-safety powertrain and body electronics applications have black outer housings.
The 4.00mm-pitch, 1.20mm MXP120 Sealed Connector System offers superior mating, sealing, and performance for severe applications. It includes a small 1-by-2 version that meets USCAR-25 ergonomic requirements. Automotive and commercial vehicle manufacturers can use MXP120 devices to replace 1.50mm terminal connections in space-constrained applications.
“Unlike most existing 1.20mm connection systems, the MXP120 features anti-scooping protection that protects pins from damage in the mating process,” said Benoît Lehaut, global product manager, Molex. “The connectors offer superior mating performance by producing an audible click when mating and with an efficient protection of the connector latch.”
MXP120 sealed connectors and receptacles have several other key benefits, including:
- A single-wire-seal (SWS) connection system with a robust perimeter seal that is IP68-rated and withstands high-pressure spray environments (IPX9K) under certain conditions
- Compatibility with AK and USCAR interfaces
- A design that uses the worldwide AK cavity definition, which confirms global acceptance and marketability
- Ability to meet power requirements up to 13A
Key safety applications for MXP120 yellow connector systems include supplemental inflatable restraints (SIR), safety restraint systems (SRS), seat-belt pretensioners, and steering-wheel, side, and curtain airbags. Applications for MXP120 black connector systems include body electronics connections in wet areas, such as exterior lighting, turn-signal indicators, and door-lock mechanisms. Black connectors can be also used in severe powertrain applications that include fuel injection systems, emission controls, and ignition coils.
MXP120 Sealed Connector Systems are not restricted to automotive and are also suitable for many industrial and consumer applications where sealing is required and package size is a constraint.
- MikroElektronika Intel Joule click shields - May 10, 2017
- Right Angle Board-to-Board Battery Connectors Suit High Shock and Vibration Applications - May 10, 2017
- Compression Pulling Head Family Offers Six Sizes - May 3, 2017