Molex’s OFC booth will feature MXC optical interconnect solutions, MXC FlexiBend Flexible-Boot Cable Assemblies, and High-Density Multiport Optical EMI Shielding Adaptors.
Molex, LLC will feature new product demonstrations plus a product showcase of innovative solutions for optical communications and networking applications at the Optical Fiber Communications (OFC) Exposition this week.
Live demonstrations in the Molex/Oplink booth 3411 include:
- Impel Plus Backplane Connector System: Molex will be demonstrating the Impel Plus backplane technology, operating in compliance to OIF CEI-56G-LR, on various channel lengths using advanced hybrid dielectric materials and Credo Semiconductor’s PAM4 test silicon. The live demonstration will provide critical channel output through a complete high-speed link, leveraging Credo’s PAM4 SerDes technology to transmit 56Gb/s PAM4 data through the Impel/Impel Plus copper backplane solution from Molex. The demonstration will allow customers to engage with Molex and Credo’s technical resources to better understand the requirements and challenges related to OIF CEI-56G-LR and how Molex and Credo’s innovative solutions can address them.
Additional Molex solutions to be showcased at booth 3411 include:
- MXC Optical Interconnect Solution with Molex FlexiBend Boot Cable Assemblies: Enabling superior scalability, the MXC Optical Interconnect with Versabeam expanded MT technology is combined with FlexiBend boots to alleviate cable management issues. The boots are designed to allow cables to exit in varying positions, from 0 to 60 degrees. Optical cable routing is becoming increasingly difficult for installers when working with hundreds of fibers in dense optical patch panels. The MXC FlexiBend Cable Assemblies solve this congestion problem and greatly improve cable grooming with the ability to bend and direct fiber in any direction in tight-space configurations, such as equipment cabinets with doors and high-density racks.
- High-Density Multiport Optical EMI Shielding Adapters: EMI shielding adapters address mechanical design requirements limiting EMI and radio frequency interference (RFI) emissions from front panels or enclosures. High-Density Multiport Optical EMI Shielding Adapters (up to 15 ports) from Molex are constructed of either all die-cast housings or as a half die-cast, half polymer housing. Housings have an EMI gasket that seals the adapters to the panel. The adapters increase shielding effectiveness while enhancing front panel aesthetics compared to traditional plastic adapters. The Molex LC and MPO panel-mount EMI adapter solutions eliminate the need for EMI containment structures, resulting in reduced engineering time, increased board space, and reduced manufacturing costs.
Latest posts by News Release (see all)
- MikroElektronika Intel Joule click shields - May 10, 2017
- Right Angle Board-to-Board Battery Connectors Suit High Shock and Vibration Applications - May 10, 2017
- Compression Pulling Head Family Offers Six Sizes - May 3, 2017