TE Connectivity fiber optic field jack provides broadcasters with quick, easy access to circuits.
TE Connectivity has introduced its Fiber Optic Field Jack to provide broadcasters with quick, easy access to circuits for reconfiguration for set-up and transmission. A traditional fiber “box”-style product can be difficult to access and can result in time lost and inadvertent loss of on-air signals. Creating a patch field similar in configuration to a copper jack field reduces the chances of accidental disconnect. These circuits are necessary to test and access fiber circuits used for on-air, set-up, and transmission of signals where traditional copper products can’t support the distance and bandwidth of broadcast high-definition signals.
The FOFJ features:
- Support for IEEE 802.3ae, IEEE 802.3ba, and IEE 802.3z
- Familiar orientation that is operator-intuitive
- Industry-standard components that are easily attainable, replaceable, and cost-effective
- Industry-standard, low-profile, and low-loss looping plug for normal connection
The field jack is perfect for applications where a traditional fiber box is not applicable and was specifically built for a master control environment. The design incorporates TE’s standard fiber management trays, bend radius protection, Velcro tie-down straps, and more.
Latest posts by Cable Assembly Supplier (see all)
- Facts & Figures: Semiconductor Market Grew to a Record $336 Billion - March 2, 2015
- TLC and Metz Ethernet Cat 6A Patch Cords in Seven Vibrant Colors - January 27, 2014
- Cables Unlimited LC-LC Duplex Ruggedized Fiber Jumpers - January 27, 2014