TE’s 192Gb/s internal Mini-SAS connector and cable assembly meets high-density, high-speed SAS 2.1 and SAS 3.0 specifications and saves valuable PCB and cable routing space.
TE Connectivity introduced its new internal Mini-SAS high-density (HD) connector and cable assemblies – a high-speed interface capable of transferring data at 192Gb/s (12Gb/s x 16 lanes). The product is designed to be 30% smaller than conventional SAS interconnects, increasing linear board density and saving coveted PCB space. The interconnect has been adopted by SAS 2.1 and SAS 3.0 specifications and supports a broad range of speeds up to 12Gb/s.
TE’s internal Mini-SAS HD connector and cable assemblies are compatible with a variety of architectures in multiple applications including enterprise storage, high-performance computing, and networking.
“As the market for higher-density and higher-speed interconnects grows, TE remains committed to delivering the most innovative and efficient solutions across various applications,” said Bowen Yu, product manager, TE Data and Devices. “Our internal Mini-SAS HD interconnect is one example of TE’s engineering innovation, with industry-leading performance and flexibility bundled in a miniature interface.”
Other features and benefits of the internal Mini-SAS HD connector and cables include:
- 0.75mm contact pitch
- Faster installation with press-fit termination, pre-assembled one-piece connector, and keying for proper plug orientation
- Screw-mounted design for additional retention
- Composite flat 30AWG twin axial cable with side bands
- Short 18mm straight and right-angle cable connectors
- 100 ohm and 85 ohm impedance cables
TE’s family of Mini-SAS HD products includes connector and cable assemblies for internal and external SAS applications.
Latest posts by News Release (see all)
- MikroElektronika Intel Joule click shields - May 10, 2017
- Right Angle Board-to-Board Battery Connectors Suit High Shock and Vibration Applications - May 10, 2017
- Compression Pulling Head Family Offers Six Sizes - May 3, 2017