Every Friday we bring you the latest announcements from connector manufacturers, distributors, and their OEM customers in interconnect news. See who’s in the news this week.
TE Named Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovator
TE Connectivity was named a Thomson Reuters 2015 Top 100 Global Innovator for the fifth consecutive year in recognition of its achievements as one of the world leaders in innovation. The program, an initiative of the IP & Science business of Thomson Reuters, honors the 100 corporations and institutions around the world that are at the heart of innovation as measured by a series of proprietary patent-related metrics.
The Thomson Reuters 2015 Top 100 Global Innovator methodology is based on four principle criteria: Overall patent volume, patent application-to-grant success rate, global reach of the portfolio, and patent influence as evidenced by citations. This objective formula identifies companies around the world that discover new inventions, protect them from infringers, and commercialize them. FULL STORY
- Molex was awarded the 2015 Rockwell Automation Clarinda Young Partnership Award for extraordinary supplier service at the Rockwell Automation annual supplier conference in Lake Geneva, Wis.
- FCI and TE Connectivity announced a second-source agreement to establish TE’s Industrial Mini I/O connector family in the market as the reliable Ethernet connector. The family is one-quarter the size of conventional RJ45 plugs and built for the stringent demands of an industrial and high-vibration environment.
- The Rohde & Schwarz electronics group has signed a comprehensive global procurement agreement with HUBER+SUHNER AG.
- TE Connectivity nominated Terrence Curtin, John Davidson, and Mark Trudeau to stand for election to the board of directors at the company’s 2016 annual general meeting of shareholders scheduled for March 2, 2016.
- Harwin named Digi-Key its Global Distributor of the Year for increasing worldwide sales of Harwin products by more than 50% last fiscal year.
Avnet announced that Ed Smith, president of Avnet Electronics Marketing Americas, will assume a new role as senior vice president of its global embedded business, effective July 3, 2016.
- TTI expanded its partnership with TE Connectivity. As part of the agreement, TTI is now stocking a wide range of TE sensors and connectivity solutions.
- TE’s C-Lite cable family of lightweight marine cables was certified by the China Classification Society (CCS), marking its eighth certification by top marine classification agencies.
- Schleuniger will present, exhibit, and demonstrate new wire processing equipment – including a cut-and-strip machine, a crimping press, a shield cutter, and wire- and cable-stripping machines – at Expo Manufactura, February 2 – 4, in Monterrey, Mexico; the WHMA Wire Harness Conference in Scottsdale, Ariz., February 23 – 26; and the 2016 IPC APEX EXPO in Las Vegas, March 13 – 17.
- TPC Wire & Cable (TPC) has partnered with Pfisterer, a leading German manufacturer of medium and high-voltage electrical equipment for energy infrastructure. The new partnership allows TPC to stock select products in the US, which significantly reduces lead time and provides additional customer benefits.
- Molex released a complete line of T-coded cordsets and receptacles to complement its new Brad M12 power connector system. Rated IP67, the series extension is ideal for use in industrial automation applications including automated machine tools, distributed motor control, material handling, packaging equipment, and robotic systems.
- Mill-Max added a top-mount SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Type-C to its line of USB I/O Sockets.
- ODU added HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0 modules to its standard portfolio of ODU-MAC connectors, which rapidly and reliably transmit lossless signals and data and have a service life of at least 5,000 cycles.
- Qualtek’s new USB 3.1 cables with Type-C connectors enable transfer speeds of up to 10 Gb/s.
- Binder’s new Series 693 RD24 Vario cable outlets, IP67-rated field-attachable cable connectors that accept round cables with outer diameters spanning 7 – 17mm, are designed to suit machine and industrial applications.
- Amphenol RF added anti-torque stainless steel connectors and cable assemblies to its SMA product family. Designed to operate at up to 18GHz and available in a variety of configurations, the series is ideally suited for high-frequency applications.
- Yamaichi Electronics introduced a robust new display port connector and cable assembly designed for industrial data, video, and audio transmission applications.
- HARTING has extended its Han-Modular Series high-mating-cycle industrial connectors with the addition of the new US4 switch, which enables data transfer via Ethernet/IP and PROFINET, and new megabit and gigabit modules designed for up to Cat 5e and 6a, respectively.
- Amphenol RF released the new PSMP board-to-board connector series. With a minimum board spacing of 12.6mm, the compact three-piece design allows maximum flexibility for high-density board spacing and is an ideal solution for blind-mating situations in high-power applications up to 200W.
- Bulgin has expanded its Buccaneer range of environmentally sealed power and data connectors with the introduction of the new Buccaneer 4000 Series. Featuring twist-lock coupling and fit-and-forget connectivity in a more compact format, the 4000 Series is ideally suited to a wide range of marine, industrial, transport, and infrastructure applications, especially where space is at a premium.
- Hirose launched the BM25 Series hybrid board-to-FPC connector. Rated for 9A per pin for power contacts and 1A per pin for signal contacts, the new connector is ideally suited for a variety of handheld consumer, media, point of sale, inventory control, and other wireless equipment.
- ERNI expanded its MaxiBridge cable connector system with dual-row, 10- and 20-pin heavy-duty connectors ideal for use in automotive, telecommunications, industrial, and medical technology.
- Lumberg extended its portfolio of DC power supply connectors with a new chassis socket and matching power supply specifically geared toward applications that require both high tensile forces and high-rated currents of up to 10A for the low-voltage range, such as measurement and control technology.
- HARTING introduced a trio of miniature, modular solutions for power, signal, and data transfer – the M12 Power, PushPull Signal, and RF45 preLink modules.
- Kycon’s new KUSB67X Series panel-mount, A-Type USB connectors provide quick, secure connections and are IP67-rated for use in harsh environments.
- Neoconix added the USB 3.1 X-Beam Bridge connector to its FPConnected family of low-profile, high-performance designs for leading-edge mobile platforms.
- ERNI added robust, single-row MiniBridge Koshiri connectors to its 1.27mm-pitch MiniBridge cable connector family. The new series delivers higher mating integrity, protects from improper skew insertion, and meets Koshiri security requirements for automotive applications including LED lighting.
- Hirose introduced the IT11 Series high-speed (28+Gb/s), low-profile (1.22mm), single-mold compression connector, a licensed second source for the cStack and cLGA product families from Amphenol Intercon Systems.
- CAMI Research released a new quick-change connector board for its CableEye cable and harness testing systems. Featuring eight shielded RJ45 connectors, the boards are compatible with all CableEye models, can test shielded or unshielded cables, and are ideally suited for high-test-volume situations (500+ cables per week).
- AFC Cable Systems announced its new Metal Clad Cable Barrel Pack System. Available in a range of cable types with steel or aluminum armor and lengths up to 2,500 feet, the system features 75-gallon fiber barrels rated for 400 pounds and equipped with both lever-locking steel band lids and omnidirectional tripod/truck combinations.
Distributors Now Carry
- TTI now carries TE Connectivity’s high-voltage EVC 250 main contactor, which is designed to meet the demanding switching requirements of hybrid, electric, and fuel cell vehicles and in-vehicle charging systems.
- TTI also now carries FCI’s new USB 3.1 Type-C connectors, which facilitate easy USB, power, audio, and video connection; support SuperSpeed 10Gb/s data rates in each direction; and deliver up to 100W power.
- CDM Electronics now offers the lightweight, cost-effective Amphenol Pcd Luminus Series interconnect solutions to support highly reliable low-to-moderate power and communication signal transmission in military and commercial aerospace applications.
- CDM Electronics also now offers an expanded range of custom and value-added RF coaxial cable assemblies and power jumper cable assemblies to meet the heavy-duty, harsh environment requirements of the US and Canadian freight and rail passenger industry.
- Bishop reports that the World Connector Confidence Index is back in positive territory, rising to 57.9 in December from 45.0 in November.
- DesignCon 2016, which will take place January 19 – 21 in Santa Clara, Calif., will offer several unique electronic design educational opportunities via free workshops, meetups, and the Chiphead Theater.
- At its annual event, recently held in Atlanta, the International Cable & Connectivity Symposium (IWCS) awarded several scholarships to students interested in the cable and connectivity industry, including a new Wire and Cable Industry Student Scholarship Fund that is jointly sponsored by The Wire and Cable Industry Suppliers Association (WCISA), Cable Components Group (CCG), and the IWCS.
- MikroElektronika Intel Joule click shields - May 10, 2017
- Right Angle Board-to-Board Battery Connectors Suit High Shock and Vibration Applications - May 10, 2017
- Compression Pulling Head Family Offers Six Sizes - May 3, 2017