Catch up on the latest interconnect promotions, launches, and events in interconnect news for January 15, 2016.
Molex Invests in Breakthrough Wireless Power Platform
Ossia announced a strategic investment by Molex that will help expand market access to the groundbreaking Cota wireless power technology by facilitating the development of new consumer and B2B products.
Cota’s game-changing wireless power technology, recently on display at the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), provides a consumer-ready way to charge devices without plugging them in or placing devices on a charging pad. Cota’s Real Wireless Power Platform technology comprises a compact tabletop transmitter/charger, a mobile phone-sleeve receiver, IoT receivers, and the world’s first battery that can be wirelessly charged from a distance, enabling an AA-size battery that never runs out of power. Click here to read the full story.
- PEI-Genesis redesigned its website to deliver an improved user experience.
- TLC Electronics promoted Chris Humting, one of its product managers, to the newly created position of marketing specialist, effective February 1, 2016.
- Peerless Electronics named its COO, William (Bill) Gallucci, as president.
Cable Assembly Announcements
- TPC Wire & Cable welcomed new president and CEO, Jeff Crane.
- CAMI Research announced two new distributors for its CableEye cable and harness testing systems, Semicon (Poland and Eastern Europe) and LK Hitech (Korea), and is also seeking an experienced distributor in Spain.
- Samtec’s 1.00mm-pitch discrete wire system is now available in a double-row design for increased flexibility and a single-row design with rugged latching for applications that demand high-reliability connections.
- Mill-Max added 1.27mm-pitch, spring-loaded, right-angle and horizontal SMT connectors to its standard product lineup.
- Phoenix Contact expanded its Cable Entry System (CES) product line with the addition of CES Multigates. These space-saving, metal-reinforced cable entry plates can handle up to 37 cables with an outside dimension of 5 – 60mm and have double-membrane sealing rated IP66/67.
- AFC Cable Systems introduced LIQUID-TUFF UL Splash Zone Liquid Tight Flexible Conduit. Featuring a rugged PVC jacket designed to inhibit bacteria growth and withstand moisture, oil, sunlight, and bleach without degradation, the new cable is ideal for meatpacking, restaurant, food processing, and pharmaceutical applications.
- Additionally, AFC Cable Systems is expanding its portfolio of electrical metallic tubing (EMT), flexible metal (Flex), and Liquidtight fittings for the electrical distribution industry. More than 150 new fittings have already been released, and many more are expected throughout 2016.
- SCHURTER released a new IEC appliance outlet with insulation displacement contact (IDC) terminals. Featuring higher power ratings than its popular 6610 Series, the new 4710 Series J-style outlet is ideal for heavy-duty power distribution units.
- Global Connector Technology released a new range of surface-mount and through-hole DC power jacks in 0.65mm, 2.00mm, 2.35mm, and 2.50mm center-pin diameters. Delivering an excellent price/performance ratio, the range includes high-current (1.5A to 8.0A), shielded variations in both straight and right-angle orientations.
Distributors Now Carry
- Heilind expanded its range of environmental power and data connectors with the Buccaneer 4000 Series from Bulgin. Building on the success of the Buccaneer 6000 and 7000 Series of quick-locking connectors, this latest offering provides the same twist-lock coupling and fit-and-forget connectivity in a more compact format, making it easier for engineers to integrate into their systems.
- The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) appointed Barbara Labuskes as chief financial officer, Limor Schafman as director of content development, and K.C. Swanson as director of global policy.
- Bishop & Associates released the new PC, Tablet, and Smartphone Market Analysis and Forecast 2015 – 2020 report, which analyzes, by units and connector dollars, the impact that the growth or demise of each of these products has on the connector industry.
- ept will showcase its Colibri COM Express connector system at Embedded World, which will take place in Nuremburg, February 23 – 25. Delivering first-rate signal integrity for 10+Gb/s applications, the connector system is available in 220- and 440-pin versions for board-to-board distances of 5 and 8mm.
- MikroElektronika Intel Joule click shields - May 10, 2017
- Right Angle Board-to-Board Battery Connectors Suit High Shock and Vibration Applications - May 10, 2017
- Compression Pulling Head Family Offers Six Sizes - May 3, 2017