L-com’s Ruggedized IP68 Cables
L-com has added eight new Ethernet cable assembly lines with various orientations of IP68 waterproof ruggedized RJ45 plugs and jacks. The new cable assemblies are all Category 5e-rated, come in standard lengths from one to 10 meters, and are designed for use in outdoor, industrial, and military applications where the harshest environments exist.
The new cable assemblies join an array of harsh environment Ethernet products. They feature:
- Wholly machined ruggedized metal connectors, transversely sealed to ensure IP68 water- and dust-proof rating
- Double-shielded 24 AWG and outdoor CMX-rated cable with an FR-TPE (Flame Retardant Thermoplastic Elastomer) jacket that is high-flex and resistant to both UV and oil
- Connector orientation options for ruggedized male plugs or female jacks, as well as standard RJ45 plugs
- Connector material options include ZnNi (Zinc Nickel) finish with shell-to-shell conductivity or ANOD (Anodized Aluminum) finish
“Ethernet connectivity in extremely harsh environments is a reality for many of our customers, both military and civilian,” said Dave Gallagher, product manager. “We are proud to be able to offer such high-quality, high-durability Ethernet connectivity products as off-the-shelf solutions to these challenges.”
In addition to the stock products, L-com can custom-manufacture cables to specific lengths. The item listings on L-com’s website include a free downloadable diagram for the connector specifications, along with tips explaining what transversely sealed means and details about grounding the jacks.
Additional products featured in Cable Cable Assembly Supplier news on January 15, 2013:
- Facts & Figures: Semiconductor Market Grew to a Record $336 Billion - March 2, 2015
- TLC and Metz Ethernet Cat 6A Patch Cords in Seven Vibrant Colors - January 27, 2014
- Cables Unlimited LC-LC Duplex Ruggedized Fiber Jumpers - January 27, 2014