Elka Unveils Thunderbolt Cable
Elka has introduced its Thunderbolt cable, which delivers data and display transfers at 20Gb/s with no sharing of bandwidth between connectors. Transforming device interconnectivity, Thunderbolt technology is a dual protocol I/O innovation that dramatically increases transfer performance with bi-directional 10Gbp/s speed and offers daisy-chaining to multiple devices, providing flexibility and simplicity for innovative, low-profile system designs like laptops and Ultrabooks.
Elka’s cable connects to the host system’s Thunderbolt connector, which provides concurrent support for PCI Express transactions and DisplayPort isochronous communication on a single network-style interface, allowing the host or device to communicate at high bandwidth with multiple data/display devices through a single physical connector.
- Dual-protocol support (PCI Express and DisplayPort)
- Compatible with existing DisplayPort devices
- Low latency with highly accurate time synchronization for professional audio and video applications
- Based on a switched fabric architecture with dual simplex links
- Provides connections for short and long distances, with at least 12W of power deliverable to a cable and the remaining power going to the end device