The Molex IllumiMate 1.00mm and 1.25mm pitch wire-to-board connector system provides design flexibility with multiple mating and voltage configurations.
Molex Incorporated introduced its IllumiMate 1.00mm and 1.25mm pitch wire-to-board connector system, offering today’s flat-panel LED television and PC monitor manufacturers more mating styles, voltage ratings, circuit sizes, and locking types than any similar connector system currently on the market. By providing a single system, the IllumiMate family allows set makers to design various models around a single connector type and PCB footprint pattern.
“The application of LED backlights to flat panel TVs continues to grow as manufacturers look to achieve more brilliant resolution and lower power consumption while providing thinner screens and a greater variety of sizes and functions. Previously, there wasn’t one connector family that could meet all these different needs,” said Goji Tanabe, regional product manager, Molex. “The new IllumiMate 1.00mm and 1.25mm pitch series from Molex not only addresses the demand for narrow-width, low-power connectors, but also the need for greater versatility by providing the widest range of mating and voltage configurations in the industry today.”
The IllumiMate 1.00mm saves about 50% of space compared to IllumiMate 1.25mm and offers lower voltage options to help reduce power consumption. Both the 1.00mm and 1.25mm product families have different options in areas such as voltage, circuit sizes, and wire gauge and share several key features, including:
- Positive and friction locks for secure latching and space savings with an anti-wire-tangling feature, middle friction lock with window for visible mating assurance
- Polarization guide ribs that protect the pins while preventing improper mating and side-to-side movement (1.00mm pitch version has guide ribs located on the housing ends, 1.25mm pitch version has them towards the middle)
- Wide front solder tabs for strong PCB retention
- Dual-contact terminal design, which offers electrical contact assurance with low insertion force
Latest posts by News Release (see all)
- MikroElektronika Intel Joule click shields - May 10, 2017
- Right Angle Board-to-Board Battery Connectors Suit High Shock and Vibration Applications - May 10, 2017
- Compression Pulling Head Family Offers Six Sizes - May 3, 2017